HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY
In 2017 KOSMO SERVICES achieved OHSAS 18001: 2007 Occupational Health and Safety accreditiation.
Kosmo Services recognises that it has responsibilities for the health and safety of our workforce whilst at work and others who could be affected by our work activities. We will assess the hazards and risks faced by our workforce in the course of their work and take action to control those risks to an acceptable, tolerable level.
Our managers and supervisors are made aware of their responsibilities and required to take all reasonable precautions to ensure the safety, health and welfare of our workforce and anyone else likely to be affected by the operation of our business.
This business intends meeting its legal obligations by providing and maintaining a safe and healthy working environment so far as is reasonably practicable.
This will be achieved by;
• providing leadership and adequate control of identified health and safety risks;
• consulting with our employees on matters affecting their health and safety;
• providing and maintaining safe plant and equipment;
• ensuring the safe handling and use of substances;
• providing information, instruction, training where necessary for our workforce, taking account of any who do not have English as a first language;
• ensuring that all workers are competent to do their work, and giving them appropriate training;
• preventing accidents and cases of work-related ill health;
• actively managing and supervising health and safety at work;
• having access to competent advice;
• aiming for continuous improvement in our health and safety performance and management through regular (at least annual) review and revision of this policy; and
• the provision of the resource required to make this policy and our health and safety arrangements effective.
We also recognise:
• our duty to co-operate and work with other employers when we work at premises or sites under their control to ensure the continued health and safety of all those at work; and
• our duty to co-operate and work with other employers and their workers, when their workers come onto our premises or sites to do work for us, to ensure the health and safety of everyone at work.
To help achieve our objectives and ensure our employees recognise their duties under health and safety legislation whilst at work, we will also remind them of their duty to take reasonable care for themselves and for others who might be affected by their activities. These duties are explained on first employment at induction and also set out in an Employee Safety Handbook, given to each employee, which sets out their duties and includes our specific health and safety rules.
To help and guide us in our Health and Safety management and ensure we are working to the best health and safety practices we have Peninsula Group Limited as our Health and Safety Consultant .